Tuesday, November 25, 2014

DoggyDaddy's Dailies 11/26/14



 



No doubt I've done things I regret in my life. Who hasn't? But one thing I never regret is standing up UConn. The team, the players and the coaches. Am I sometimes overprotective? Sure. Do I regret that? Not for a minute.
 
Every year I look forward to a new season. A new season with some new players and certainly a new dynamic and challenge presented to Geno and the coaching staff.
 
This year is no different. Losing two AA's is not easy to replace. Notre Dame has the same issue. They were challenged by MSU last week, a team that last years ND team would have beaten by 30 points.
 
UConn has a system. Sometimes it takes all year to get all the players in sync. But over the last 20 years, it's rare that Geno hasn't been able to make it happen so I like their chances.
 
********************************************************************************* 
 
Just my two cents about KML and the fan driven controversy about her weight and being "a step slow".
 
1. The "step slow" comment by Geno seems to be a talking point by those so disposed in complaining about her size. Many comments by Geno are used to motivate. I don't think this is any different. "Can't guard a chair" comes to mind.
 
2. Based on her being so sick since coming back from the West Coast, I believe KML had the beginnings of the flu in the Stanford game yet she still played 45 minutes. She was trying to guard smaller and quicker players and folks thinks that means she is slower than last year? The eye test? Bah.   
 
3. She has played in 2 games. In the first one, she tied a UConn record for 3's. And another she struggled. How about we all wait until we see a few more games before deciding she needs to go on "the biggest loser".
 
Ok.....that's it for the DD soapbox. Feel free to use the comment option. I'd love to hear from you.              
 
So without further ado

Ladies and Gents, DD looks at the news........

 

 


 
My Granddaughters love Disney
  

Thanks to my friend JohnnyC who sends me these numbers when he can.
 
Kelsey Minato Army 25 points
Raquel Davis N.C. Central 29 points, 18 rebounds
Nici Gilday LSU 29 points
Katheryn Westbeld Notre Dame 10 points, 12 rebounds
Jewell Loyd Notre Dame 23 points
Rebecca Greenwell Duke 10 points 13 rebounds
Sierra Calhoun Duke 21 points
Elizabeth Williams 14 points 10 rebounds
Sims ODU 21 points
Panousis Virginia Tech 22 points
Chastity Gooch Western Kentucky 20 Points 10 rebounds
Betnijah Laney 22 points 11 rebounds
Tia Presley Washington St. 36 points
Rachel Banham Minnesota 32 points
Lexy Kresl Colorado 10 points 10 assist
Erika Livermore FDU 20 points 13 rebounds 5 blocks
Sina King Akron 19 points 17 rebounds
Breanna Rucker Bryant 26 points 11 rebounds
Temi Fagbenie Harvard 11 points 17 rebounds
Bria Richardson Pepperdine 29 points
Navy had six players in double figures in a 84 - 79 win over George Mason

***** Bria Smith Louisville 22 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists, 4 steals *****
 
 

Check out the award winning Blogs below

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better

 By the well known ThisJustIn

And another terrific blog by Mel Greenberg

 Hoops Guru


I'm always open for suggestions. Just please reply to this blog or email me at:
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I like what CD alluded to in the latest Geno Project video. Who says you can't have one, two or even ten losses and win a national championship.

    ReplyDelete