Wednesday, May 11, 2016

DoggyDaddy's Dailies 5/12/16


 
 
*****************************************************************************


In an ESPN article (in my links section with other links about this), former UConn center and current WNBA Washington Mystic Stefanie Dolson came out as a member of the LBGT community. I'm not surprised she did that. Not that I thought she was gay. I actually never gave it a moments thought. But the fact that she came out so publically and positively was no surprise to me.

I'm so proud of her decision and the way she did it. Hopefully more players will feel comfortable enough to take on her mantra "I am who I am".

Thanks Stefanie for being who you are. I am even a bigger fan than I was before!!   

  *****************************************************************************
 
In a surprise move (to me anyway) Swin Cash was waived by the New York Liberty. At 36 years old, is this the end of her playing career? I wouldn't be surprised if she is picked up by another team sometime this season.
 
What a great player over the years. Multiple National Championship winner, WNBA champion, Olympic Champion, World Champion. She has done it all. If it is over, I'm sure she has no regrets.
 
Look for her on WNBA broadcasts. She is great in front of the camera. In 2015, she was named a studio analyst for MSG Networks covering Knicks pre- and post-games as well as the weekly coaches show.
 
Good Luck Swin!!    
 
 *****************************************************************************
TONIGHT
 
 Regular Season
 
 The regular season starts Saturday the 14th with 5 games and Sunday has 2 more games. I'll certainly post the game results and if I catch any games, I'll write in more detail. Enjoy the season.
 
Transactions  
 
TeamPlayerTransaction
May 11, 2016
AtlantaDantas, DamirisSuspended for 2016 season
ChicagoMcKinney, ShaneceWaived
New YorkCakir, OlcaySuspended for 2016 season
New YorkCaldwell, TaliaWaived
New YorkCash, SwinWaived
New YorkEldebrink, ElinWaived
New YorkWarley-Talbert, AveryWaived
New YorkZahui B, AmandaTraded from Dallas to New York for 2017 1st round pick
San AntonioRichardson-Smith, TabathaSigned
 
 
*****************************************************************************
UCONN LINKS
WCBB LINKS
 WNBA /USA TEAMS LINKS
      *******************************************  
 
Message Boards
 
UConn Territory - The best UConn women's message board ever!!! 
College Fans Only - WCBB board where no holds are barred
Vol Nation - Tennessee women's basketball board    
CockyTalk - The upstart South Carolina women's basketball board
ND Nation - Notre Dame women's basketball board
                     Rebkell - WCBB for everyone that thinks they are smarter than everyone else
 

No comments:

Post a Comment