Sunday, October 19, 2014

Dangerfield getting plenty of respect


I tell ya when I was a kid, all I knew was rejection. My yo-yo, it never came back!
When I was a kid I got no respect. The time I was kidnapped, and the kidnappers sent my parents a note they said, “We want five thousand dollars or you’ll see your kid again.”
I tell ya, my wife was never nice. On our first date, I asked her if I could give her a goodnight kiss on the cheek – she bent over!
I tell you, with my doctor, I don’t get no respect. I told him, “I’ve swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills.” He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.

Ok...enough Rodney jokes. Now Crystal Dangerfield? That is a different story.


One of the top players in the 2016 class has committed to UConn after experiencing an amazing evening at UConn's First Night.

This is a great start for UConn in building it's 2016 class. Here are the returning players that UConn has coming back. Seniors Tuck and Chong, Juniors Butler, Williams, Nurse, Edwards and Ekmark, Sophs Samuelson, Collier and Boykin. That's 10 players and now 11 with Dangerfield. My guess is UConn will take only 1 or 2 more in this class.

So, what kind of player is Dangerfield? Take a look at this video.


She has amazing speed with the ball, a strong dribbler with either hand. Her range appears to be well beyond the 3 point line and with the quick release, I don't see her "push" shot being an issue. Anyone playing her close to prevent a 3 pointer will soon be looking at the back of her jersey as she drives by.

She also appears to have excellent court vision, keeping her head up as she drives the lane.

Here are some specifics about this delightful young lady.

 “I am blessed to be able to say that I committed to UConn this weekend,” Dangerfield announced on Twitter Sunday evening.

Dangerfield is the first UConn recruit from Tennessee.

She chose the Huskies over LSU, Maryland, South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Mississippi.
She played for USA Basketball’s 2013 U-16 team that won gold at the FIBA Americas. Dangerfield was a teammates of two future UConn teammates, Katie Lou Samuelson and De’Janae Boykin.

I'm sure we will hear more about this wonderful young lady before she finally comes to Storrs.

The beat goes on......



 

No comments:

Post a Comment