Saturday, February 27, 2016

DoggyDaddy's UConn Senior Day Report

 
 

I found the video!!!! All 22 minutes!!
 
 

Ok, I'll admit it. I teared up today watching the senior day ceremony. This 2012 class was just something special, and not just the successes. But you can't ignore the winning, so let's take a quick look at that.

140-5 with four of those losses in their freshman season is an amazing 4 year run. God willing, they will win their last 11 games and make it 151-5 with four national championships. Unprecedented. Only the 2007 freshman class (Moore/Dixon)  had a better four year record of 150-4. But they "only" won two National Championships. 

Geno looked really sharp in his suit.

Of course, they introduction of the team managers. It's so nice that the honor them as well.


I had my guess on the order of the player introductions and I was right. Briana Pulido came out first with her mother Terry and her father. I have had conversations with Terry and she is a lovely lady who has a wonderful daughter. Terry, you looked GREAT!!!! We all know that Briana plans on becoming a doctor. I hope I live long enough to use her.


Morgan came out with her sister and mom. No tears, but a great smile on her face. She talked all the way out and when she hugged Geno I was hoping he wouldn't let go so she would come back next season.


Moriah came out next with her father and mother. As she waited it was so sweet that her dad gave her a peck on the cheek. Such a wonderful and warm hug between Geno and Moriah. And you could see the special relationship between Geno and her parents.



Stewie was last and she is such a goofball. She turned to her dad and said "I won't cry, I'm good". Of course her mom was crying as they stood their listening to the introductions. Breanna turned to her mom and asked her to get rid of her tissue. It was just so Breanna.



They then unveiled the wall of honor banners for Moriah and Breanna. There was a third banner and I'm thinking they decided to honor Morgan ahead of time. But then they brought Chris Daily out with her brother and sister. What a great surprise and she had NO idea about this. Such a special tribute to a special lady. They had CD on the banner instead of a player number.

 
I was a little teary with each player, but wow, I felt full of emotion watching Chris get her award. I have met Chris several times and she is always so nice and willing to spend a few minutes with me talking about the team.


Did you hear that loud roar? That was Coaches, Players and Fans of others teams cheering that they are finally leaving and UConn becomes mortal again.


What a great ceremony.

Now, on to the game!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment