Sunday, April 7, 2024

Doggy's Doghouse 4/8/2024 Last blog of the season

 




 

     



GO UCONN!!!!!

The Boys and their Dogs - 
Under the UConn blanket!!

***********************************************
I wanted to share this with the best fans in WCBB from the best program in WCBB!!


This is how I will remember this wonderful team

***********************************************

Well, the season is over and it's been a crazy ride. A 14 player roster ended up with only 8 available players and yet, this team, with four freshman in the rotation and two starting, was able to get to the Final Four. 

It was quite an accomplishment for this team and maybe the best coaching job of Geno's career. The team should have no regrets and I just enjoyed the closeness of these players. They were a true sisterhood. 

I am working hard on a preview for next season and after that I will take time off until next October. By that time I will be living in my new Florida condo and ready and refreshed to write daily again about what I expect to be an amazing UConn season.

So thanks everyone for reading my words. And clicking on the links I provide. And watching the videos I copy and paste. It's been a real pleasure bringing you all this information about our mutually loved UConn Huskies!!       

***********************************************

By PHIL

I just can't thank Phil enough for all his contributions to my blog. I know I can always count on him for some unbelievable information and analysis. He's been a good friend for many years thanks to our mutual love for the UConn Huskies. 

So one more time, thanks Phil. If you have anything to share, I will happy to use my blog to send it out in the internet world.

Milestone Watch
Final Stats

• Aaliyah Edwards had 17 points in the Iowa game which brings her to a career total of 1850 points. She is now tied with Christyn Williams for 15th place.

• Aaliyah Edwards now has 1020 rebounds with 8 against Iowa. Final position is 7th place.

• Nika Mühl has 686 assists after her 7 assists in the Iowa game. She extends her record as the all-time leader in career assists

• Mühl is now the holder of:

o Single game assists record 15 (against NC State 20 November 2022) surpassing Paige Bueckers

o Single season assists record 284 (2022–23) surpassing Sue Bird’s 231

o Career assists record surpassing Moriah Jefferson

Paige Bueckers now has 854 points this season. She ended up in 2nd place, behind only Maya Moore who had 868 in 2010–11.

• Geno ended the season with 1213 wins.

• UConn has 136 NCAA wins, more than any other school.

• UConn now starting a new Final Four streak

***********************************************


SPIDER STATS
 
Plus one for every assist block point rebound and steal. I don’t add extra for offensive rebounds as it already seems to favor the bigs. Minus one for every missed shot (2, 3 or foul), turnover or foul committed.


Thanks to Spider for sending me these stats and opinion after every game. Much appreciated and I hope you will join me again next season.

***********************************************


Championship Game

South Carolina 87 Iowa 75



Game Highlights

******************************************************** 
UCONN LINKS

Several links are pay sites. Sorry!


******************************************************** 

Message Boards
UConn Territory - The best UConn women's message board ever!!! 
Vol Nation - Tennessee women's basketball board
ND Nation - Notre Dame women's basketball board
Rebkell - WCBB for everyone that thinks they are smarter than everyone else


I'm always open for suggestions. Just please reply to this blog or email me at:

No comments:

Post a Comment