Monday, December 8, 2014

DoggyDaddy Dailies 12/9/14

     

A Daily look at scores from yesterday, a list of top performers in those games and of course a little opinion

Just a reminder - The Boneyard stopped allowing the posting of alerts when I have a new entry. Please look at my Facebook page if you want to know when I post to the blog. I update that Facebook page every time I add something here. Thanks. 




So, how did I do in my Poll prediction? Meh.

Here was my prediction.  

AP Top 25
RKTEAMRECORD
1South Carolina  (18) 8-0
2Connecticut (17) 6-1
3Notre Dame   7-1
4Texas  6-0
  
Here is the new AP poll.

AP Top 25
RKTEAMRECORDPTS
1South Carolina (23) 8-0837
2Connecticut (7) 6-1805
3Texas (4) 6-0772
4Texas A&M9-0740
5Notre Dame8-1738

I did get the fact that South Carolina would be ranked #1. And that UConn would be #2. But the rest of the top 4? Not so good. I'm surprised that Notre Dame dropped all the way to #5. So, what can we take away from this in regards to how the majority of voters think?

They like undefeated teams. UConn's reputation and performances in all the other games outside of their one loss is not enough to overcome South Carolina being undefeated and Notre Dame's only loss to the #2 team is enough to prevent them from only slipping to #3 and they reside behind Texas and Texas A&M at 5. 

And undefeated means so much to some voters, they voted for #4 Texas as #1 when UConn beat #2 Notre Dame. That makes NO sense whatsoever.    

There is also a missing #1 vote. 35 last week, only 34 this week. I'm not sure how that happens.
   
I don't know, you would think the writers would put more thought into it. Did they consider that Turner was out? Maybe they didn't think that made a difference. Do they believe that Notre Dame is not as good as Texas or Texas A&M? Well, not we are getting into what I posted yesterday. The difference between how a poll might react to the games and who is the better team. They are not the same thing.

Tuesday we will see how the ESPN Coaches Poll will look. I hope I predicted better about that poll.     


So, without further ado!!!  
      
Ladies and Gents, DD looks at the news........


 No Games

My Granddaughters love Disney
  

Thanks to my friend JohnnyC who sends me these numbers when he can.

 Nneka Enemkpali Texas 18 points 13 assists

Check out the award winning Blogs below

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better

 By the well known ThisJustIn

And another terrific blog by Mel Greenberg

 Hoops Guru


I'm always open for suggestions. Just please reply to this blog or email me at:

No comments:

Post a Comment