Monday, December 15, 2014

DoggyDaddy's Dailies 12/16/14

I'm starting a new feature in DoggyDaddy's Dailies with helpful and interesting links located at the bottom of the page. I'll include these links in every Dailies.
Hope you enjoy them!

Like what you see here? Leave a comment. Don't like what you see here? Leave a comment
 
So, leave a comment!!!
 

 

 
A Daily look at scores from yesterday, a list of top performers in those games and of course a little opinion
 
  
 *******************
 
As you know, there is not a lot going on with UConn since they last played 11 days ago against Notre Dame and before they will play DePaul at the Webster Arena in Bridgeport  on Friday.(look for my pregame analysis on Thursday). So tonight I watched that game again and guess what?...UConn won again. It was fun to watch. Here are a few items that were highlights to me. I wish I knew how to make mpegs of those plays. If anyone can do that, send me an email. It's at the end of the Dailies blog. I'll give you full credit.
 
Overall, it was a terrific effort by everyone that played. UConn never looked down when they were down 28-18 after 10 minutes. They clamped down on defense like the past UConn teams. It was impressive.
 
KML looked as fit as I have seen her. She ran hard the entire game and was all over the court. That steal and drive for a layup, splitting two defenders was a play that should quiet even her staunchest critics. She was clearly one of the leaders in the huddle. Very vocal.
 
My favorite play was from three players you just wouldn't expect it from. Chong had the ball and threw a great entry pass to Stokes in the box. Stokes quickly made a great bounce pass to Williams under the basket for a layup. What was impressive to me was that this play was done by three reserves who were exactly in the right place and made the right play without even thinking about it. It's why Geno is so successful. He knows how to teach and how to get kids to buy in.
 
 
**************
 
OT - I was coming home from work Monday evening and it was so nice to see so many Christmas decorations up. Many were as elaborate as I can remember seeing in a long time. It was wonderful and with the Christmas music on, I sang my way home full of the holiday spirit. Not bad for a Jewish kid from New Jersey.
 
***************
 
I am so looking forward to the DePaul game at Webster Bank Arena. I've never been there and thanks to TonyC for organizing a UConn fan group and handling all the tickets. Great seats in a smaller arena with my friends from the Boneyard. It will be good to see everyone. I'll be having dinner at Ralph and Rich's. Hope its good! And speaking of Boneyard friends......
 
 
Picture by Madison L. Porter
 
 
****************
 
How is the University of California still in the top twenty-five after their tough week?  It's just how the polls work. They dropped from 10 to 18 after looking to unranked Kansas and then from 18 to 24 after losing in OT to unranked Long Beach State. They next play #10 Louisville at home. They need to win this game to stay in the top twenty-five. If they do win, they should have a long run playing in the weak Pac12 until playing Stanford in back to back games to finish the Pac12  season. But maybe the weak Pac 12 won't be quite the cakewalk Cal thought it would be prior to those bad losses.  
 
 
****************
 
I noticed early in the Rutgers game against Tennessee that Rutgers senior forward Betnijah Laney was shaking her hand often and not playing up to her usual standards. She ended up with only 5 rebounds and was ineffectual all game. It ends up that she injured her thumb when it was kicked and then later sat on. It got so bad that a teammate had to tie her sneaker. No word on the extent of the injury or how long she will be out, but this is a tough injury for Rutgers.   
  
 
****************
      
So, without further ado!!!  
      
Ladies and Gents, DD looks at the news........



 
My Granddaughters love Disney
  

Thanks to my friend JohnnyC who sends me these numbers when he can.
 
 Jude Schimmel 12 points 10 assists
Louisville had 6 players in double figure scoring ranging from 10-15
Roshunda Johnson Oklahoma State 22 points
Christina Reed Mississippi Valley State 21 points

   

  


 
Statistical Sites
NCAA 2014 Stats   
ESPN Women's Basketball Stats
Women's Basketball State Pay Site but best stats anywhere 




Rankings and RPI Sites








UCONN Information 


 
 
Message Boards
The Boneyard - Women's message board mostly about UConn
College Fans Only - WCBB board where no holds are barred
Vol Nation - Tennessee women's basketball board     
ND Nation - Notre Dame women's basketball board
Rebkell - WCBB for everyone that thinks they are smarter than everyone else



Videos
 



 





Intesting Blogs

 Women's Hoops Blog By Boneyarder This Just In





I'm always open for suggestions. Just please reply to this blog or email me at:
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. LOL - Jewish kid from joisey - oh, BTW

    chag Chanukah sameach!!

    ReplyDelete