Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Doggydaddy's Dailies 12/25/14 Merry Christmas!!!!

DoggyDaddy's Dailies now has helpful and interesting links located at the bottom of the page.

Hope you enjoy them!

 

 
Merry Christmas to All and may your stockings be filled with  joy and happiness 


 
*****************************
 
I pretty excited about the Duke UConn game coming up on Monday. I was able to get tickets behind the UConn bench. It's always fun to be within earshot of Geno and I'll try to bring some of that here on Tuesday. It's also the day before my birthday so I'm hoping the Huskies will give me a nice pre-birthday present.
 
My son is coming to visit from Florida on Tuesday with his wife and my two grandkids, and I get to spend my birthday with them for the first time in a long time. The best part is I am going back to Florida with them after the new year and will spend 17 days playing golf and writing my blog from the pool. 
 
    
 ***************************
 
The Nike TOC is over and UConn recruit Katie Lou Samuelson was dominating. In the first game of the tournament, KLS made 10 threes, breaking KML's Mater Dei record and scored 41 points. In the championship game, she was 6-6 from 3 point land and scored 36 points. Her game keeps getting better and better and the player that comes to UConn next year will be something to see. Between her size (a true 6'3"), her quick release and her unlimited range, there will be no stopping her once she gets comfortable in the college game. UConn has been so lucky to have such great continuity from recruiting class to recruiting class.   
 
I loved what Geno had to say about her after the tournament - “I’ll tell you what, Katie Lou is a darn good player,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “When you’re that tall and you can shoot the ball like that? And she’s got a little nasty streak in her now. I didn’t see that in her, particularly during her freshman and sophomore years. Most people would say she’s just an unbelievable shooter. A little bit at a time, a little bit at a time, I’ve noticed a bit of an edge to her. It’s about how much more physical she is trying to be. The more she can show that side of her, the better she’s going to be.”
This years team is really good. Next years? Even better. I'll have a little something about the other two 2015 recruits over the next couple of days.      
 
 ***************************
 
An interesting discussion on one of the message board was about the best 3 point shooters in the country. It seems someone was upset that the ESPN announcers were declaring KML the best three point shooter in the country. He was upset because in reality KML, at this point in time, has the 3rd best shooting percentage so is clearly not the best.
 
I'm sure you are scratching your head wondering why someone would use a moving number, changing game to game to determine the best 3 point shooter. I mean, if KML has a hot game Saturday and moves to the top, is she now the best? The leader right now is someone on that terrific Princeton team. Does she face the same level of defense that KML does? If she has a bad game and slips to 4th is she now only the 4th best 3 point shooter?
 
The entire discussion seemed kinda silly, but it is a slow time and it gave me something to blog about.
 
*******************************************
 
 
 
 
  


 
Statistical Sites
NCAA 2014 Stats   




Rankings and RPI Sites








UCONN Information 


 
 
Message Boards
The Boneyard - Women's message board mostly about UConn
College Fans Only - WCBB board where no holds are barred
Vol Nation - Tennessee women's basketball board     
ND Nation - Notre Dame women's basketball board
Rebkell - WCBB for everyone that thinks they are smarter than everyone else



Videos
 



 





Intesting Blogs

 Women's Hoops Blog By Boneyarder This Just In





I'm always open for suggestions. Just please reply to this blog or email me at:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment