Thursday, December 4, 2014

DoggyDaddy's Dailies 12/5/14

We're going away for the weekend and I will have limited time to post my usual Dailies. I am bringing my laptop with me but I don't know how much time I will have. I'll be sneaking peeks at the ND game on Saturday when my wife isn't looking.

Oh yeah, and if anyone is thinking of robbing my home while I am away, I do have a very vicious guard dog that I won't be feeding until we get back.


 
 
A Daily look at scores from yesterday, a list of top performers in those games and of course a little opinion
 
Just a reminder - The Boneyard stopped allowing the posting of alerts when I have a new entry. Please look at my Facebook page if you want to know when I post to the blog. I update that Facebook page every time I add something here. Thanks. 
 

Yeah, that is how most fans of men's basketball think about the women's game. And I do find it pretty offensive. You can't have a conversation about how you enjoy the women's game without a men's basketball fan chiming in on how much better the men's game is.

Different doesn't mean better.

While the athleticism is clearly in the men's favor, there is plenty to like about the women's game without comparing it to anyone else.

Certainly when you are watching the lower level teams all the way into the top 25, the game can be hard to watch. There are only so many really good players to go around. And without several on the same team, you get a lot of ugly ball.

That being said, I have watched some horrible men's games. Yes, you still get the power and speed of the men, but mostly unharnessed and pretty sloppy for many many games.

I think it's fair to say there is enough bad basketball for all genders. But my point here is more about the smug men's fans who feel the need to chime in with insults every time someone has the nerve to mention how much they like the women's game and how little regard they have for the men's game.

Now, I think the highest level of basketball is the NBA. The skill level is off the charts and you will see things there you won't see in any other league, professional or amateur. But it's not for everyone. And that's ok too.

So back to my point....I think I had one......

I love the women's game, but I will admit that I might not watch many games if I wasn't such a big UConn fan. Because of that and my love of sharing that passion with other fans I watch a lot of women's basketball. And a lot of it can be pretty ugly. But that doesn't stop me from watching, analyzing, reading and writing about it. And as bad as some of the men's game are, folks will watch those games as well, no matter how ugly. Hey, my wife loves me and I'm pretty ugly.

So, men's fans. Lighten up. Yes I'm talking to my friend Kevin aka Mau. The women's game is a lot of fun. Deal with it!!!!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Speaking of great women's basketball, the UNC/Rutgers  game was on tonight on the Big Ten Network. UNC jumped out to an 11-0 lead before RU made a strong comeback. They eventually had an 11 point lead in the second half before UNC rallied with a 17-6 run to tie it to go to overtime.

UNC had a 7 point lead with 41 seconds left in the OT when RU hit 2 threes and a layup while UNC hit one free throw to send it into a second overtime.

RU score first in the 2nd OT before UNC took over and won by 3, 96-93.

Allisha Gray led UNC with 29 points 11 rebounds 6 assists. Tyler Scaife scored 25 points and Betnijah Laney scored 24 points and snared 24 rebounds for Rutgers.

Maybe the best game so far this season.        

So, without further ado!!!  

      
Ladies and Gents, DD looks at the news........

 


Cleveland State 59 East Carolina 57
 
 
 
My Granddaughters love Disney
  

Thanks to my friend JohnnyC who sends me these numbers when he can.

Allisha Gray UNC 29 points 11 rebounds 6 assists
Tyler Scaife  Rutgers 25 points
Betnijah Laney Rutgers 24 points 24 rebounds
Ruth Hamblin Oregon State 12 points 10 rebounds 6 blocks
Kaela Davis Georgia Tech 20 points
Sydney Wallace Georgia Tech 22 points
Aerial Powers Michigan State 17 points 14 rebounds
Tori Jankoska Michigan State 21 points 10 rebounds
Lia Galdeira Washington St. 28 points
Kelsey Plum Washington 20 points 8 rebounds 7 steals
Alana Cesarz UNLV 24 points 11 rebounds
Carli Rosenthal St. Mary's 11 points 16 rebounds
Alex Sheedy Fresno St. 21 points 11 rebounds

 
 

Check out the award winning Blogs below

Inane commentary on a game that deserves far better

 By the well known ThisJustIn

And another terrific blog by Mel Greenberg

 Hoops Guru


I'm always open for suggestions. Just please reply to this blog or email me at:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment