Sunday, February 11, 2024

Doggy's Doghouse 2/12/2024

 





 

             ****************************************************




GO UCONN!!!!!

**********************************************


I guess I was fortunate today to go to my Granddaughter Noa's cheer competition today and miss watching the game. She was terrific. It appears UConn? Not so much. 

I'll let the game stories fill in the blanks. All I'll say is I was very wrong about how this game would go. South Carolina is a terrific team and played really well. 

On to the next game. They go from playing the best team in the country to the worst team in the Big East and maybe in the country. They are 1-21 on the season. The game is Wednesday on the road.  

********************************************** 

Geno Postgame Interview

Paige and Aaliyah Postgame Interview

Dawn Staley Postgame Interview

Game Highlights

*********************************************************


 
 

Straight from the Dog



Well, after a tough UConn loss, my day was made when I checked my DoggyDaddy emails and there was one from Kara Wolters. Yes, the real Kara Wolters. 

I was so happy that she not only reads my blog but she likes it!! She thanked me for my hard work and told me to make sure the Stats I post are correct because sometimes she uses them on air. How about that!!!!

Thanks for reading me Kara!!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So, the Huskies lost to the No. 1 team on their home court in front of 18,000 loud fans with TWO freshmen in their starting line up and two more the only players off the bench. Yes, I predicted a 3 point UConn win, but that is what I always do. I knew the reality was that this was going to be a brutal game. That being said, there are always teams that had a worse day.

No. 15 Louisville was upset by No. 23 Syracuse.

No. 4 Colorado was upset by No. 17 Oregon State

And the big one, No. 2 Iowa was upset by unranked Nebraska 82-79. The storyline of the game was supposed to be Caitlin Clark breaking the NCAA scoring record. She needed 39 points and was sitting at 31 going into the fourth quarter. Somehow the Cornhuskers held Clark scoreless over the last 10 minutes. Not sure the last time that happened. I've added a video of the last 2 minutes. Clark took a couple of bad shots. Well, bad for most players.    

Last two minutes Iowa/Nebraska Game

By PHIL

Milestone watch

• Aaliyah Edwards reached 1642 career points with her 20 points in the South Carolina game. She passed Barbara Turner to take sole possession of 21st place, and needs 32 points to tie countrymate Kia Nurse.

• Aaliyah Edwards now has 904 rebounds with 12 against South Carolina. She is in sole possession of 13th place, and needs 6 more to catch Swin Cash.

• Nika Mühl had 586 assists after her 2 assists in the South Carolina game. She passed Sue Bird to move into 6th place and needs 13 more to tie Crystal Dangerfield.

****************************************************

SPIDER STATS
 
Plus one for every assist block point rebound and steal. I don’t add extra for offensive rebounds as it already seems to favor the bigs. Minus one for every missed shot (2, 3 or foul), turnover or foul committed.

South Carolina 90, UConn 50.

Net positives/minutes played: Aaliyah 24/37, Paige 14/36, KK 8/38, Nika 2/34, Ashlynn 1/34, Qadence -2/7, Ice -3/14.

South Carolina just deeper and better. Aaliyah played well, got beat up as usual. Liked that Ashlynn kept shooting. KK will be alright. 

The two subs just not ready for prime time. With everyone healthy, they might have been 11 and 12 on the depth chart. Win the big East regular season and tournament. Win two NCAA games at Storrs.

******************************************************** 

UCONN LINKS

Several links are pay sites. Sorry!

UConn Territory - The best UConn women's message board ever!!! 
Vol Nation - Tennessee women's basketball board
ND Nation - Notre Dame women's basketball board
Rebkell - WCBB for everyone that thinks they are smarter than everyone else


I'm always open for suggestions. Just please reply to this blog or email me at:

No comments:

Post a Comment