Saturday, January 16, 2016

DoggyDaddy's Dailies 1/17/16


******************************************************************************

Here is my UConn/Temple Post Game report. UConn just manhandled Temple 104-49.

******************************************************************************

Here are Katie Lou Samuelson's stats since Geno sent her the message in the Cincinnati game.

5 games -  13 ppg, 4 rpg, 4 apg, 52% from the field, 15-31 on threes for 48%.

I believe the fans that have called her a bust should just shut up now.....

******************************************************************************

I have to stop this. It's not a good way to watch a basketball game! I find myself more into the stats than the actual outcome. I worry more about Katie Lou hitting a high percentage of her threes more than how she actually played. I worry more about the opponent hitting a high percentage of THEIR threes because it's such a hot topic with the fan base. I tire of the complaints and I want the players to let their play shut up the nay Sayers. Kinda silly.

It's actually impacting how much I can enjoy UConn's destruction of the other team. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!

******************************************************************************

I don't think I have seen more upsets of ranked teams as I have this year. Saturday Oklahoma State defeated No. 14 Oklahoma. They not only beat them, they beat the living daylights out of them 73-42.

I'm sure Coach Coale is pulling out her beautiful head of hair after this offensive performance by the Sooners. And I do mean offensive!!!

Here are the ugly facts....bad enough to bring back the Uggy Award.

They shot 25.7% from the field, going 12-47.
They shot 13.6% on three pointers, going 3-22.
They had only 4 assists to go along with 26 turnovers.

Congrats on winning an UGGY!!!!

Oklahoma Sooners!!

******************************************************************************
 
From David in Naples

 Great players step up in big games. Stewie, MoJeff & Tuck have played their best when the team needed them most. As Doggy has pointed out, that is not the case with Tennessee's star player Diamond DeShields. Consider her performance in her team's 5 losses. Diamond has been anything but a shining gem:

1. In losses to Florida, Stanford, Texas, Virginia Tech and Arkansas DeShields scored 81 pts, but took 93 shots.
2. Total assists = 5 for an average of 1.0 per game.
3. Turnovers = 22 for an average of 4.4 per game.
4. Three point shooting % = 6-28 or 21%
5. Rebounds = 31 for an average of 6.2 per game.
6. Overall shooting % = 33-93 or 35.5%
7. DeShields missed 60 shots in those five losses. That's 12 misses per game. :o

Volume shooters can put up gaudy scoring totals, but a peek beneath the surface exposes the truth. When her team needed her most, DeShields took over 18 shots per game and missed 65% of them. On any other team she would sit the bench.
 
 *******************************************************************************

 
 
I'm much too happy with the UConn win to find something to complain about!!! 
 
On second thought. I just read a post on a message board from a particular poster that has been harassing me for a long time. This UConn fans has been bashing UConn players for years. First it was Bria Hartley, and several players up to Samuelson in the most recent attacks.
 
I guess he doesn't like me challenging him in the past. So now he just disparages this blog. He has constantly trashed it and his latest attack is just personal. He accused me of plagiarizing here. Anyone that reads my Dailies knows that is just not true. There is a ton of original content. Do I get quotes and stats from other sites? Of course. I'm not there to hear the interviews. 
 
So, if you'd like to sign up for this site and tell him how wrong he is, here is the link to his last post to me. I would appreciate the support.
 
******************************************************************************
 
So, without further ado!!!  

      
Ladies and Gents, DD looks at the news........

 
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
******************************************************************************
 
                                            
  
 
 
Thanks to Johnny C for sending me many of these numbers!!! 
 
  Olivia Nash Oakland 28 points 14 rebounds
Shereesha Richards Albany 34 points
Anita Brown Akron 26 points 10 rebounds
Breanna Rucker Bryant 25 points 12 rebounds
Sofia Roma Wagner 11 points 20 rebounds
Kelsey Cruz FDU 30 points
Ashanti Abshaw Cleveland St. 23 points 10 rebounds
Shernise Robertson Sam Houston St. 30 points
Jayln Johnson McNeese St. 23 points 12 assists
Jeneh Perry Loyola (Md) 18 points 17 rebounds
Janelle Hubbard Richmond 32 points
Ciera Dillard UMass 27 points
Elizabeth Belanger New Hampshire 32 points
Tinara Moore C. Michigan 22 points 11 rebounds
Kiyanna Black Ohio 39 points
Brittany Winborne UAB 21 points 12 rebounds
Steph Kostowicz Milwaukee 20 points 11 rebounds
Regina Okoye Weber St. 20 points 10 rebounds
Alyssa Shannon CSU Bakersfield 12 points 10 assists
Jalen O'Bannon E. Kentucky 30 points 10 rebounds
 Lanay Montgomery West Virginia 14 points 17 rebounds
Brittany Crain UC Riverside 31 points
Hayley Hodgins E. Washingron 24 points 10 rebounds
Ali Gorrell Florida Atlantic 22 points 11 rebounds
Brabdi Wingate La. Tech 21 points 10 rebounds
I'mani Davis Tenn St. 12 points 17 rebounds
Jayda Johnson Tenn St. 28 points
Yaiza Rodriguez Boise St. 14 points 10 assists
Devon Brooshire St. Mary's 22 points 16 rebounds
Lauren Nicholson St. Mary's 22 points 10 rebounds
Hallie Eackles Pacific 28 points
Tiasha Gray Austin Peay 38 points 11 assists
Darby Maggard Belmont 24 points 10 assists
 
  *******************************************  





 


Rankings and RPI Sites
 







 

Message Boards
 

UConn Territory - The best UConn women's message board ever!!! 

College Fans Only - WCBB board where no holds are barred

Vol Nation - Tennessee women's basketball board     

ND Nation - Notre Dame women's basketball board

Rebkell - WCBB for everyone that thinks they are smarter than everyone else

 

Videos
 




 Interesting Blogs and Links

 Women's Hoops Blog By ThisJustIn
 

John Altavilla's blog, Hartford Courant
 
Jim Fuller's blog, New Haven Register

A Dime Back - A great web site for all UConn Sports, Including UConn Women
 

I'm always open for suggestions. Just please reply to this blog or email me at:

3 comments:

  1. The post game link isn't working

    Don't fret over the White Pigeon. People read him for what he is, a TROLL. He is not quite as bad as the late Slewbopper, Cth or GMac though in that he is yet to invent a derogatory name for a UCONN player

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the link and it seems fine. What site did you link it from??

      Delete
    2. From here but on my I phone. I got into it from another place on this Blog which surprised me. Can't tell how 4 sure though. Probably my phone is the culprit

      Delete