Thursday, January 28, 2016

DoggyDaddy's Dailies 1/28/16

******************************************************************************
 
Well, I made it to Florida. Let me tell you, it was one of the worst flights. Just bad from getting to the airport, parking, the flight itself. I'm beat. But I will finish this Daily before going to bed.
 
******************************************************************************

I didn't see the UConn game, but from the box score, it looks like a great effort by the Huskies who won 94-30. Other than some three point misses in the second half, UConn looked to have played a terrific game. Led by the all-world play of Breanna Stewart, who had 24 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 blocks. She became the sixth player in UConn history to have scored at least 1,000 points with at least 1000 rebounds.

More to come when I can actually watch the game!!!!  

******************************************************************************

From David in Naples

 With Morgan Tuck resting her painful knee, UConn has turned to Moriah and Stewie to lead the team. MoJeff has been on fire in the last four games. Consider the following stats:

1. Moriah played only 25 minutes per game, but is averaged 15.3 pts per game.
2. She shot 75.7% from the field (25-33).
3. From 3 pt range, MoJeff was 7-10 for 70% accuracy. :D
4. Her assist to turnover ratio was an amazing 3.8 to 1, with 19 assists and only 5 turnovers.
5. Jefferson had 12 steals in those four games for an average of 3 per game.
6. Her 61 pts have come on just 33 shots and 4 free throws.

In making up for the temporary loss of Tuck, MoJeff has hit 75% of her shots, dished out 19 assists and barely turned the ball over. What a 4 game run..!!

Go MoJeff..!! 8-)

And from tonights game.

UConn crushed Tulsa by 64 pts as Stewie had another double-double. Almost all the stats were EVEN better than you think.

1. MoJeff had 2 more threes and 4 buckets inside the arc.
2. Gabby had 4 steals and 8 rebounds.
3. Stewie went 6-6 from the free throw line & bagged 8 defensive rebounds.
4. Tulsa made only 10 baskets.
5. Napheesa grabbed 8 boards & scored 12 points.
6. Katie Lou scored 14 points.
7. UConn made 14 of 16 free throws.
8. UConn had 18 assists & led by 24 after the first period.
9. Stewie scored 24 points & passed 1,000 career rebounds.
10. Uconn'so winning streak is now 56 games.

Go Huskies..!!
 *******************************************************************************

 
 
My flight was delayed four, count em, four times before leaving an hour and 1/2 late. I parked the car in the state lot after dropping off my wife, daughter and grandson first. I waited 15 friggn' minutes for the shuttle. I finally walk a few hundred yards to the exit where the woman said "I didn't see you drive in" and "there was a shift change". Needless to say, I was pissed. I finally got to the security line and went through the body scan. "Do you have anything in your pockets?  I said no, then felt my right pocket where I left my change. Of course that meant a pat down. That was actually the best part of my trip.
 
We had a long wait. I had packed a roast beef sandwich for dinner and a bunch of dill pickle spears. I guess I brought a lot because my daughter and wife made fun of me all night. Then, of course, I spilled pickle juice on my jeans. Just more for them to make fun of.
 
I told my wife, no pickle for her. I would be jerkin' my own gerkin!!!
 
Well, I survived, it was great to see my son, his wife and my two granddaughters. Now I will finish this and take a sleeping pill!!!  
                  
*****************************************************************************
 
So, without further ado!!!  

      
Ladies and Gents, DD looks at the news........

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 ******************************************************************************
 
                                            
  
 
Upsets in Red
 
 
Thanks to Johnny C for sending me many of these numbers!!! 
 
  Johnny C is on the DL with a shoulder injury. I'll do my best to get you the info!!


Not tonight!!!!

Get Well Soon Johnny!!!!
 
  *******************************************  





 


Rankings and RPI Sites
 







 

Message Boards
 

UConn Territory - The best UConn women's message board ever!!! 

College Fans Only - WCBB board where no holds are barred

Vol Nation - Tennessee women's basketball board    

CockyTalk - The upstart South Carolina women's basketball board  

ND Nation - Notre Dame women's basketball board

Rebkell - WCBB for everyone that thinks they are smarter than everyone else

 

Videos
 




 Interesting Blogs and Links

 Women's Hoops Blog By ThisJustIn
 

John Altavilla's blog, Hartford Courant
 
Jim Fuller's blog, New Haven Register

A Dime Back - A great web site for all UConn Sports, Including UConn Women
 

I'm always open for suggestions. Just please reply to this blog or email me at:

No comments:

Post a Comment